We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
- Birthday cake
- Kids' birthday cakes
For her 4th birthday, my youngest daughter wanted a yellow and black cake. It didn't take me long, she was delighted and it was very good!
1 person made this
- 4 eggs, separated
- a pinch of salt
- 125g caster sugar
- 60g butter, melted
- 100g plain flour
- 3 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella®)
- Chocolate glaze
- 100g plain chocolate (70%)
- 1 knob butter
- Cream cheese icing
- 125g cream cheese
- 80g icing sugar
- a few drops of yellow food colouring
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:55min
- Preheat oven to 240 C / Gas 9.
- In a mixing bowl beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl combine egg yolks and caster sugar.
- Add melted butter and flour. Mix together until smooth, then gently fold in egg whites, a little at a time.
- Line a shallow 20x30cm baking tin with baking parchment and lightly grease. Evenly spread half of the cake mixture into the tin (about 1cm thickness).
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- When the cake is baked (it should not rise), remove from oven and immediately turn out onto a flat surface covered with a clean cloth. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the baking parchment and repeat baking step with remaining cake mixture.
- When both cakes are baked and cooled, brush one generously with Nutella®, then place other cake on top.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave (just melt, do not cook!) and stir well. When the chocolate is smooth and glossy, pour over top of cake.
- Spread chocolate glaze over the cake and allow to set and harden for about 10 minutes in refrigerator.
- Prepare the topping by combining cream cheese, icing sugar and food colouring in a bowl. When the mixture is smooth and has reached the desired colour, spoon into a small freezer bag.
- Cut corner of bag and use it as a pastry bag to squeeze small yellow 'puffs' on cake surface for decoration.
- Add desired birthday decorations to cake and light the candles!