We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Autumn, autumn, autumn! It's a market full of plums, it's their season! It's a shame to spend the autumn and not make a delicious plum jam! This time I made plum jam with less sugar and a mint aroma, very pleasant.
- 3 kg. plums
- 600 g sugar
- half a teaspoon of dried mint
Preparation time: over 120 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Mint-flavored plum jam:
Wash the plums and remove the seeds.
Put the plums in a large bowl with a thick bottom.
Put tod sugar on them and put the bowl on the fire.
Sit next to him and chew, so as not to get caught in the pot and not to catch fire.
If it boils for about 2-2.30 hours.
When it is a little thinner than the desired consistency, add mint.
Put it hot in the washed and sterilized jars.
Cover them and put them in a blanket until they cool.
I assure you that you will not be sorry if you prepare it;)
3 kg. pitted plums
at first the fire was hot, and then it was slow
Infusion of crocodile vodka
strong flavored drink, preparation for the tincture method.
1. Place the berries in a jar (you can, with or without bones), add vodka and close the lid tightly.
2. Train a mixture in the dark at room temperature for 35 days, once a week to shake the contents of the box.
3. Strain the infusion through a gauze. Alychovuyu vodka almost airtight and kept in a dark, cool place. Add the sugar, mix well and close tightly. Insist another 35 days.
4. Strain Syrup through a cheesecloth, then mix with the infusion obtained in the previous stage.
5. Before use, recommend star drink for 10 days. Prove homemade plum cherry liqueur flavor from the fortress of 28-32%. Shelf life of up to 3 years.
Infusion of red crocodile vodka
Jams and jams are the ideal way to preserve the aroma and aroma of seasonal fruits throughout the year. They are easy to make, do not need preservatives to be stored for next year and are delicious with a pancake or a slice of butter.
Today we offer you a simple and extremely popular recipe for plum jam. Unlike jam, which boils very little and in which the fruit remains whole, the jam has a more gelatinous consistency, due to the longer cooking time. The fruit does not remain whole, but mixes with the syrup and becomes like a thicker paste.
Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into halves or quarters. Put the plums in a saucepan and add over them 800 g of sugar and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate overnight, ideally overnight and overnight.
After this time, the plums left their syrup and the sugar almost dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil and constantly remove the foam that forms on the surface. Unlike jam, the jam should be boiled longer so that the syrup thickens and the fruit becomes very soft and mixes with the syrup.
When the liquid in the bowl has dropped and the syrup has coagulated (you can do the test with the glass of water, drip a few drops of syrup and, if it remains coagulated, it is ready), you can stop the fire.
Allow the jam to cool slightly, then pour it into sterilized jars.
You have to see it too.
2. Chop the cherries a little with the vertical blender, so that they leave a little juice.
3. Put the cherries in a large saucepan. Add the sugar and mix well.
4. Boil the jam over medium heat for about 40 minutes. We collect the foam well whenever it is formed. The jam is ready when it darkens in color and thickens. It should not be too thick, because it thickens after it cools.
5. While the jam is boiling, sterilize the jars. Wash the jars with detergent and hot water. We then immerse them for a few seconds in a large saucepan in which the water boils, then take them out with a spoon. Place a clean and freshly ironed kitchen towel on a tray. We put the jars on the towel face down. We do the same with the lids of the jars. Put the tray in the preheated oven at 100 degrees for 15 minutes. When removing them, be careful not to put your hands inside the jars or lids.
6. It is good to put the jam in jars while they are still hot, and the jars and jam. We fill them well, put the lids on and tighten them well. Place the jars with the lids down and leave them like this until they cool. This helps to seal the jars so that no air enters the lid. Thus, this cherry jam with mint flavor lasts for many months at room temperature, if we do not open the jar.
Summer is approaching the end with small steps. But it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Keep the flavor of those warm summer mornings by putting your favorite canned fruits in delicious cans. Jams and marmalades are a great way to preserve fruit and reduce waste, especially when you have larger quantities. We offer you specialized tips for preparing jams and three of our favorite recipes.
Our favorite recipes
Plum jam with cinnamon
This is a great jam to prepare for winter because the delicate aroma of cinnamon makes it perfect for biscuits or Christmas cakes. Otherwise, it is a wonderful jam to enjoy all year round, regardless of the season.
Raspberry jam, easy to make
We love this jam because it is very easy to prepare and both adults and children love it. Its aroma awakens the nostalgia of adults. What about children? If you remove raspberry seeds with a straw during cooking, young family members will be delighted by the sour sweetness and silky texture of the jam.
Delicious orange jam
Although this recipe is a little more complex than the jam one, it is definitely worth the effort! The orange peel in this marmalade gives it a different texture and a slightly bitter taste, which gives it a special quality among the other jams or marmalades that you could prepare. It is another delicacy that you can enjoy all year round.
Download this recipe here as a PDF / ePub
Plum jam with cinnamon: PDF / ePub
Raspberry jam, easy to make: PDF / ePub
Delicious orange marmalade: PDF / ePub
Useful tips for preparing jams or marmalades:
The plate test
Put five plates in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, then place a tablespoon of jam on a plate. Push the jam to the edges with a spoon or your finger. You will know that it is ready when it wrinkles. If the jam or marmalade is too fluid, it is not ready. Keep cooking and check every few minutes with a new saucer.
Sterilize jars and equipment
Preheat the oven to 120 ° C. Wash jars and equipment, including polish and spoons, in warm water using DISH DROPSTM Concentrated Liquid Dishwashing Detergent. Rinse them well and place the jars on a baking tray. Put the jars in the oven for 10 minutes or until completely dry and wipe the equipment with a clean cloth. Sterilization is important to remove any traces of bacteria or fungi that would cause the jam to spoil very quickly.
The importance of pectin
Jams, jellies and jams coagulate due to the level of pectin in the fruit. When sugar is added, the natural acid in the fruit thickens and coagulates the jam. Fruits with a high pectin content are apples, citrus fruits and berries. Soft fruits such as peaches or plums have lower levels, but if you add a few tablespoons of lemon juice, the jam will coagulate. When possible, use almost ripe fruit because pectin levels will be highest.
Commercial plum strudel with pie sheets
A quick, tasty but also quite cheap pie, I could say, with a kilo of plums, a packet of pie sheets and the strudel is ready to prepare. The unmistakable aroma of cinnamon will fill the house with an extraordinary scent, so that the neighbors will be really crazy!
The other day I went out with my colleagues and we stopped for lunch at one of the restaurants in the capital of Banat, everything was extraordinary, until dessert when I expected to eat a strudel that I will remember forever, but the disappointment of came with the so-called strudel to the table, which I actually could not eat and then I thought I had to go home and make one.
I also invited my colleagues, and you can see what came out, and what was left was actually just an empty tray for washing.
No, I don't mean that he was the best, but I can say that maybe the best I've done lately.
- 1 pack of commercial pie sheets
- 1 kg of plums
- 200-250 g of sugar, depending on how sweet the plums are or how sweet you like them
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs, depending on how juicy the plums are
- 100 g butter of 82% fat
- 1 whole egg
Method of preparation:
For the beginning, we will take out the plum seeds and we will put them in a bowl with the sugar for 2 hours, during which time we will mix them again.
After all this time, drain the remaining juice, put the cinnamon and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
For each strudel we need 4 sheets that we grease with each other, as follows: we put a sheet, grease with butter, the second sheet, grease with butter and so on until the fourth sheet.
Fill with a third of the amount of plums, roll, close the heads and put in a tray lined with baking paper. We do the same for the remaining sheets. I had 13 sheets in the pie sheet package, so I got 3 strudels.
Grease with beaten egg and bake for 35-40 minutes or until browned.
Remove from the oven and let it cool, slice and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Simple, fast and very tasty. So I wish you good work and good appetite!
Subscribe to our newsletter! You will receive news, prescription, quick menus, information for your health!
GoostoMix is a platform that presents and recommends a series of useful appliances in the kitchen of the modern man, active and with an interest in health and nutrition. We offer tips for a balanced diet, easy-to-follow recipes and information on ingredients that can be used to bring taste and nutrients to the daily menu.
How much sugar to put in jam compared to jam?
If for jams the ratio of sugar: fruit is approx. 1: 1, much less sugar is added to the jams. Plums are sweet and reach around 250-300 g of sugar per 1 kg of fruit. The less sugar is added, the longer the boiling time of the jam or marmalade is prolonged and, implicitly, the fruit is distorted.
Yes, the traditional plum magiun (lictar, povdilă, pecmez) is made completely without sugar but must be boiled for hours. Find his recipe here.
From these quantities result 7 jars of 270 ml and 4 jars of 180 ml plum jam with cinnamon and rum.
- 3 kg peeled plums
- 1 kg of sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated cinnamon powder or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 50 ml real rum (STROH, brown rum type Jamaica)
R plum jam label
5 kg of pitted plums
1 kg of sugar
- Preparation for the plum jam recipe
- The plums, which we weighed and peeled, cut them in half and put them in a large pot.
- Over them add the sugar, mix, cover the pot with a lid or kitchen napkin and leave until the next day for the sugar to melt and the plums to leave the juice.
- The next day we put the bowl of plums on the stove, over medium to low heat and let it boil until it starts to boil, then put the bowl in the oven at 150 degrees and leave until our plum juice and jam decreases ” binds ”reaching the desired consistency. Check from time to time, towards the end, its consistency taking with a teaspoon a little jam and punanad on a cold plate. Let it cool a bit and see if it is too liquid or is "tied" enough. I boiled it more and it became compact almost like a plum magician.
- After the plum jam is ready, we can put it in sterilized jars for 15 minutes in the oven at 150 degrees. We put the jam hot, taken just then from the fire, in jars and they are hot, fresh out of the oven. Close with lids, cover with beds and let cool slowly, at room temperature to continue sterilizing the jars until the next day.
Note: you can add, near the end and nuts or other spices such as cinnamon to improve the plum jam, as we did in the recipe for sugar jam WITHOUT SUGAR with nuts and cinnamon,
as well as a little lemon juice or even lemon slices, if you want a more sour and lemon flavor. I chose this time the simplest option plum jam, preferring only the simple plum flavor.
& copy Greek Taste SRL 2013 - 2021 - All rights reserved.
Overview of confidentiality
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.