We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 4 (serving size: 4 strips)
Eggplant lovers rejoice—here’s one more way to enjoy your favorite purple-skinned vegetable. Try this eggplant on crostini with a sprinkle of chopped tomatoes, feta, and capers, or stir it into your favorite pasta with a splash of good extra-virgin olive oil and a handful of chopped basil.
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Japanese eggplant (6 oz. each), cut into thin strips (about 3 cups)
- Calories 61
- Fat 3g
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrates 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 4g
- Added sugars 2g
- Sodium 221mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°F. Whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
Toss eggplant strips in marinade. Let excess marinade drip from strips, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake until bubbly and browned on edges, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.