We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 4 (serving size: about 4 strips)
Smoky and hearty, these flavorful slices of vegan “bacon” are perfect for taking your lunches and dinners to the next level. Add them to any salad for extra flavor and crunch, or use them to make a spectacular vegan BLT.
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 oz.) package tempeh, cut into thin strips lengthwise
- Calories 116
- Fat 7g
- Satfat 1g
- Protein 8g
- Carbohydrates 6g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 2g
- Sodium 225mg
- Calcium 6% DV
- Potassium 3% DV
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. Whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, maple syrup, liquid smoke, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
Place tempeh on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and brush with marinade. Flip, and brush with more marinade. Bake until crispy, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool slightly at room temperature.