We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 1 (serving size: 1 plate)
The chicken and squash soak up all the flavors in this dish from the garlic, ginger, and the lemony tahini sauce; the rice is there to make sure no sauce gets left on the plate. You can purchase prechopped butternut squash in the produce section of the supermarket. Curly kale works well in place of Tuscan.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (3-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken thigh, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed butternut squash (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped Tuscan kale (about 1 ounce)
- 11/2 tablespoons Tahini-Lemon Dressing
- 1/3 cup hot cooked basmati rice
- Calories 337
- Fat 14g
- Satfat 2g
- Unsatfat 11g
- Protein 24g
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 3g
- Added sugars 0g
- Sodium 717mg
- Calcium 10% DV
- Potassium 19% DV
How to Make It
Heat a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle the chicken with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes or until well browned. (Do not stir.) Add the squash, garlic, ginger, pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Add the stock; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low; cover and cook 15 minutes or until the squash is tender. Add the kale; cover and cook 1 minute or until starting to wilt. Stir in the dressing. Serve over the rice.