We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 1 (serving size: about 2 cups)
This soup comes together in a flash, thanks to precooked butternut squash, roasted onions, and the shredded chicken you get from this make-ahead bone broth recipe. Ginger and garlic boost the already flavorful broth and add some depth. Quickly sautéing the ginger and garlic enhances their flavors but overcooking can result in bitterness, so don’t walk away from the pan!
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green cabbage (from 1 small head)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 small plum tomato, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup roasted butternut squash
- 2 wedges roasted onion, chopped
- Poached chicken breast, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh cilantro leaves
- Calories 487
- Fat 18g
- Satfat 2g
- Unsatfat 15g
- Protein 52g
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 10g
- Added sugars 0g
- Sodium 614mg
- Calcium 13% DV
- Potassium 42% DV
How to Make It
Heat a medium saucepan over medium. Add the oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Add the cabbage; cook until tender and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add the broth; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Add the tomato, squash, onion, chicken, and salt. Simmer until heated through, 10 minutes. Top with the cilantro.