We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 12 (serving size: about 1 1/2 cups)
This satisfying vegetarian main is a great way to reset after a few weeks of meat-centered holiday eating. Make sure to cool the soup base completely before adding the tortellini; otherwise the pasta will absorb too much liquid and become gummy. Cook the remaining half package of tortellini and top salads for lunch during the week, or seal in a ziplock freezer bag, and freeze until you’re ready to use them. Vegetable stocks can differ in concentration—you may want to start with less and make up the difference with a bit more water depending on the brand you choose.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 large)
- 2 cups chopped fennel bulb (about 1 large)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh garlic
- 2 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
- 8 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 (15-oz.) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-oz.) cans unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cups stemmed, chopped curly kale
- 1 1/2 (9-oz.) pkg. whole-wheat 3-cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Calories 269
- Fat 7g
- Satfat 1.4g
- Monofat 1.7g
- Polyfat 0.5g
- Protein 13g
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Fiber 7g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Iron 2mg
- Sodium 615mg
- Calcium 114mg
- Sugars 7g
- Est. added sugars 0g
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Add onion, fennel, garlic, and mushrooms; cook 15 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Add stock and next 5 ingredients (through chickpeas); bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in kale. Add tortellini, or follow freezing instructions. Cook 8 minutes or until tortellini are done.
Remove pan from heat; stir in vinegar. Divide soup among 12 bowls; sprinkle with parsley.
HOW-TO FREEZE: Cool soup completely. Once cool, add tortellini. Freeze flat in a large ziplock freezer bag for up to 2 months. THAW: Microwave soup in bag at MEDIUM (50% power) for 8 minutes or until pliable. REHEAT: Pour soup into a large Dutch oven; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook 25 minutes or until tortellini are done. Stir in red wine vinegar. Top with parsley.