We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Serves 4 (serving size: 2 cakes and about 1/3 cup snap pea mixture)
Just a little shrimp goes a long way in these spring-inspired cakes. If using frozen shrimp, make sure to thaw completely before peeling and chopping, otherwise the shrimp may fall apart. The cakes cook quickly, just 3 minutes on each side. If you can’t fit all the cakes into your skillet, divide the oil in half and cook the cakes in 2 batches, keeping the first batch warm while you cook the second. Sweet onion is best for the delicate snap pea relish; regular white onion would be too pungent. If you can’t find sweet onion, substitute halved thawed frozen pearl onions.
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas (about 3 oz.)
- 1/4 cup diced Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed (about 1 lb.)
- 1 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 6 ounces large fresh or frozen thawed shrimp, peeled, deveined, and finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Calories 234
- Fat 13.1g
- Satfat 2g
- Monofat 8.6g
- Polyfat 1.4g
- Protein 12g
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Iron 1mg
- Sodium 495mg
- Calcium 64mg
- Sugars 5g
- Est. added sugars 0g
How to Make It
Combine snap peas, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
Shred zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. Place shredded zucchini on a clean kitchen towel; squeeze well to remove excess liquid. Combine zucchini, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, panko, tarragon, shrimp, and egg in a bowl.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Spoon 1/4 cup zucchini mixture loosely into a dry measuring cup. Add mixture to pan; flatten slightly. Repeat procedure 7 times to form 8 cakes. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve cakes with snap pea mixture.