We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Pretty much everyone in the South fights about who’s got the best pimiento cheese recipe. Make these if you want to put the debate to rest.
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound sharp cheddar, grated
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 ciabatta loaf, halved lengthwise, lightly toasted
- Pickle slices (for serving)
Roast bell pepper and jalapeño over a gas flame, turning often, until skin is blistered and charred all over, 5–10 minutes. (Alternatively, broil on a rimmed baking sheet.) Transfer to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap; let steam 10 minutes.
Peel and seed peppers, then finely chop. Mix mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, and paprika in a medium bowl. Fold in cheddar and chopped peppers; season with salt and black pepper. Spread on ciabatta and slice crosswise into pieces. Serve with pickles.
Do Ahead: Pimiento cheese can be made 5 days ahead. Cover and chill.